29 July 2011

Valueless










I’ve got used to hearing the statement “We’d get rid of that building but it isn’t worth anything”. My reaction is always the same: “I’ll take it then”.



Certainly, some buildings are falling down, some lend themselves to no obvious purpose, and some are mired in bureaucracy. But no value at all . . really? I suspect that this stock of valueless buildings is massive. I also suspect that we all know many worthy organisations and worthwhile purposes that are desperately looking in vain for a home.



Our challenge is to use design to find ways of turning these liabilities into assets, and to use our power and imagination to release the potential for good in our valueless buildings.

0 Views:

www.statcounter.com

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP